Thursday, December 4, 2008

Andrea's Training Log

Well, I've finally decided to add something of substance to the blog. First project: Andrea's training log. We are currently training in preparation for the Syndicated Strength Alliance (SSA) CandyAzz Classic powerlifting competition on February 7, 2009. LINK We are both competing, but I have a feeling her logs will be more exciting than mine, plus it allows me to write about something other than myself. Since I am just starting the log today, I'll repost tonight with her deadlift/bench training.

Her training schedule looks like this:
  • FRIDAY - Bench & Deadlift w/ with either heavy back or chest/triceps work (the emphasis alternates from bench to deadlift every other week);
  • SUNDAY - Squat and leg work. During the week she does her cardio and arm/shoulder/abs training.

So far, she has hit a 175lbs bench, a 275lbs deadlift, and a 250lbs squat. Not bad, in my opinion. She'll hit 300/200/300 with no problems. The goal is to set a state record.

Well... here are couple of videos from tonight (4 DEC 2008). She hit a strong 285lbs, which puts her right on track. Here are her numbers:

Deadlift: 185 x 3 (video #1), 205 x 3, 225 x 3, 275 x 1, 285 x 1 (video #2)

Bench (3 board): 135 x 5, 155 x 5, 175 x 5 (easy)




Sunday we squat. Stay tuned...

No comments: